Disputes and Complaints Information


There are a number of situations that you may wish to rectify. The details for each of these are outlined directly below.


Disputed Transactions

If you believe an entry of information made by an illion Tenancy subscriber (property manager/landlord/letting agent or a collection agent), is incorrect or invalid, you can lodge a correction request with illion Tenancy. In order to consider the correction we will require the full name of the illion Tenancy subscriber or debt collector who provided the disputed information, this will be recorded on your illion Tenancy record. 

If you do not have a copy of your illion Tenancy record, click here to get a self-check done.

The object of our complaints procedure is to facilitate the fair, simple, speedy and efficient resolution of complaints. 

Once a correction request is received:

-  We will acknowledge receipt and then provide a written advice of the outcome as soon as possible thereafter. 

-  We aim to provide this to you within 15 working days from receiving the matter. 

It is important to note that we may need to obtain additional information from other parties in order to investigate the matter which may lead to delays in being able to respond fully, if this occurs we will advise you of this. 

It is often preferable to document the nature of the correction and reasoning as to why you believe the entry needs to be corrected, To do this please write to us at:

Email: admin@illiontenancy.co.nz

Mailing Address:   

illion Tenancy
Level 2, 666 Great South Road
Auckland 1051

Lodge Dispute Online

In order to lodge a Dispute please use the following on-line form.

If you prefer to send more detailed information please forward your written request to illion Tenancy and ensure that you advise us of the steps that you may have taken to resolve the issue with the data supplier.

Your letter should include:

  1. Your details in full including preferred contact methods.
  2. The name(s) and contact details of any people that you have already spoken to about the disputed entry.
  3. Any email or other correspondence you may have regarding the disputed information.
  4. A short explanation of why you believe the information is incorrect so that we can investigate the matter for you.
  5. Attach all copies of payment receipts and any other relevant documentation that may assist us during our investigation process.

If you believe that some information on your illion Tenancy record has not been caused by your actions and may have been caused by another individual committing fraud such as using your identification document we recommend that you;

  • report the matter to the police.

  • report the matter to the fraud department of the illion Tenancy subscribers involved.

  • provide the Police complaint file number and details so we can record this on the illion Tenancy system.

When you do this the Police and or the illion Tenancy subscribers may conduct their own investigations. If this occurs the illion Tenancy subscriber will advise  illion Tenancy of the outcome.

If you do not promptly inform the illion Tenancy subscriber of your situation they may hold you responsible for the debt incurred if they are not aware of your circumstances.

Request a correction or investigation into the content of your credit report

This refers to the information held on your credit report.

Please note that a credit report describes your credit history, not simply your current debts. For example, information about a default that has been paid in full can continue to be reported on your credit record as paid as long as he details are accurate.

Step 1.

While illion Tenancy is not the holder of the credit report information you can write to us and tell us what you would like corrected or investigated. The request for a correction or an investigation normally arises from entries recorded on your record by a credit provider or a debt collection agent.

You do not need to fill in a form but your written request should include the following information:


  • Your full name and current residential address
  • Full details of the corrections or investigation you are requesting
  • Attach all of the relevant information and documentation that you have to support your request (i.e Police Complaint acknowledgement - please note that this supporting documentation is vital for the fulfillment of your request)


Step 2.

Forward your letter together with the supporting documentation as detailed in Step 1 to:

illion Credit Reporter

Phone: 0800 362 222 (Opening hours Mon-Fri 9.30am - 6.00pm) Email: pacnz@illion.co.nz

Mailing Address: illion

PO Box 9589 Newmarket Auckland 1031


Please note that if a correction request for information held on your credit report is sent to illion Tenancy we will forward this to the illion Credit Reporter in order for this to be investigated.


Complaint Resolution Process

illion Tenancy has a complaints procedure in place that we will follow if you believe we have failed to address your concerns. The object of our complaint procedure is to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints.

Under our complaints procedure:

We will acknowledge your complaint in writing within 5 working days of receipt, unless it has been resolved to your satisfaction within that period.

Within 10 working days of acknowledging your complaint we will investigate your request and advise you of the outcome, or if additional time is required to investigate the matter.

Upon completion of our investigation we will advise you of our decision, the reasons for it and any corrective or other action we propose to take.

If you have used our complaints procedure and are not satisfied with our resolution you may wish to  escalate the matter. If you have any additional information that we did not have and believe this should be  considered, then please forward these details to:

Email: admin@illiontenancy.co.nz

Mailing Address:   

illion Tenancy
Level 2, 666 Great South Road
Auckland 1051

If you are remain dissatisfied  with the decision illion Tenancy has made about the complaint, then you may choose to refer the matter to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.

We must take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of information we hold about you and must act promptly to correct any errors we become aware of. This will usually involve checking the information you provide with the source, such as a subscriber (or creditor) who submitted the information.

We must, as soon as is reasonably practicable, decide whether to make the correction you have requested or to confirm the accuracy of the information. If the requested correction is not made, we will tell you the reason for this,  you may then ask to have a statement recorded to show the entry is disputed. This statement will be included in your illion Tenancy record.

If a correction is made, or a dispute statement added, we will send an amended report to any illion Tenancy subscriber recorded as having accessed your credit record within the last 30 days.




Ministry of Justice, Tenancy Tribunal

Phone: 0800 836 262 (Opening hours Mon-Fri 9.30am - 6.00pm)

Email: info@justice.govt.nz